This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client receives timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops for glaucoma. The nurse has completed medication ... (Read 21 times)

swpotter12

The client receives timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops for glaucoma. The nurse has completed medication education and evaluates learning has occurred when the client makes which statement?

1. I will discuss use of over-the-counter (OTC) medications with my physician.
  2. I will store my drops in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
  3. I will restrict my caffeine to one cup of coffee per day.
  4. I will discontinue the drops if my eye looks red.

Question 2

The client has excess cerumen in his ears. What will the best plan by the nurse include as to the safe removal of the cerumen?

1. Use a sterile Q-tip to remove cerumen.
  2. Instill 2 acetic acid in each ear.
  3. Take hot showers to facilitate drainage.
  4. Use warm water and a bulb syringe.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnpizzaz

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops may be absorbed systemically, so the client should discuss use of and OTC preparation with the physician prior to use.
Rationale 2: Refrigeration is not necessary for timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops.
Rationale 3: There is no need to reduce caffeine when a client uses timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops.
Rationale 4: Timolol (Timoptic) must be continued to prevent loss of vision; the client should not discontinue them.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: A Q-tip is dangerous as it can pack the cerumen into the ear canal.
Rationale 2: Acetic acid is not the best method for cerumen removal.
Rationale 3: Hot showers will not facilitate drainage of cerumen.
Rationale 4: Warm water and a bulb syringe is the best method for cerumen removal.

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

apple

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library