This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client receives timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops for glaucoma. The nurse has completed medication ... (Read 24 times)

swpotter12

The client receives timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops for glaucoma. The nurse has completed medication education and evaluates learning has occurred when the client makes which statement?

1. I will discuss use of over-the-counter (OTC) medications with my physician.
  2. I will store my drops in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
  3. I will restrict my caffeine to one cup of coffee per day.
  4. I will discontinue the drops if my eye looks red.

Question 2

The client has excess cerumen in his ears. What will the best plan by the nurse include as to the safe removal of the cerumen?

1. Use a sterile Q-tip to remove cerumen.
  2. Instill 2 acetic acid in each ear.
  3. Take hot showers to facilitate drainage.
  4. Use warm water and a bulb syringe.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnpizzaz

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops may be absorbed systemically, so the client should discuss use of and OTC preparation with the physician prior to use.
Rationale 2: Refrigeration is not necessary for timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops.
Rationale 3: There is no need to reduce caffeine when a client uses timolol (Timoptic) eyedrops.
Rationale 4: Timolol (Timoptic) must be continued to prevent loss of vision; the client should not discontinue them.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: A Q-tip is dangerous as it can pack the cerumen into the ear canal.
Rationale 2: Acetic acid is not the best method for cerumen removal.
Rationale 3: Hot showers will not facilitate drainage of cerumen.
Rationale 4: Warm water and a bulb syringe is the best method for cerumen removal.

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library