This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse that he experiences frequent eye irritation even after using ... (Read 36 times)

jwb375

The client tells the nurse that he experiences frequent eye irritation even after using over-the-counter (OTC) medications. What is the best recommendation by the nurse?

1. Increase your fluid intake; you are probably dehydrated.
  2. See your eye doctor for further evaluation.
  3. This sounds like an allergic response; try an antihistamine.
  4. Use normal saline rinses instead of over-the-counter (OTC) preparations.

Question 2

The client receives latanoprost (Xalatan) and another eyedrop. The nurse has completed medication education and evaluates that learning has occurred when the client makes which statement?

1. I will give two drops of one medication, wait one minute, and then give two drops of the other medication.
  2. I should lay the dropper against my eyelid for stability when putting in drops.
  3. I will remove my contact lens before instilling these eyedrops.
  4. I may notice that my eyelashes get thinner while I am using this medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: The client should follow up with his physician; not increase fluid intake.
Rationale 2: The client should follow up with his physician if over-the-counter (OTC) remedies are ineffective for eye irritation.
Rationale 3: The client should follow up with his physician; not try an antihistamine.
Rationale 4: The client should follow up with his physician; not use normal saline rinses.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: One minute is not sufficient time to wait between administrations.
Rationale 2: The client should avoid touching the eye or eyelid/lashes with any part of the eyedropper to avoid cross-contamination.
Rationale 3: The client should remove contact lenses before instilling drops and should wait 15 minutes before reinserting them.
Rationale 4: Lashes may grow thicker and darker.

jwb375

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

mcabuhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library