This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client receives raloxifene (Evista). Which other medication would the nurse hold and validate ... (Read 12 times)

scienceeasy

The client receives raloxifene (Evista). Which other medication would the nurse hold and validate with the physician?

1. Lisinopril (Prinivil)
  2. Paroxetine (Paxil)
  3. Atorvastatin (Lipitor)
  4. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)

Question 2

The client receives alendronate (Fosamax) as treatment for osteoporosis. The nurse has completed medication education and evaluates learning has occurred when the client makes which statements?

1. I cannot lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking the medication.
  2. Milk will help with the absorption of this medication.
  3. I should call my doctor if I experience heartburn.
  4. I must take this with a full glass of water.
  5. The medication can be taken with or without food.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

welcom1000

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: There is no contraindication to the use of lisinopril (Prinivil) and raloxifene (Evista).
Rationale 2: There is no contraindication to the use of paroxetine (Paxil) and raloxifene (Evista).
Rationale 3: Antilipids and hormones are the only medications contraindicated with raloxifene (Evista).
Rationale 4: There is no contraindication to the use of diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and raloxifene (Evista).

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,3,4
Rationale 1: The client must stay upright for at least 30 minutes to prevent GI upset.
Rationale 2: Milk will interfere with the absorption of alendronate (Fosamax); it should be taken on an empty stomach.
Rationale 3: Alendronate (Fosamax) is irritating to the esophagus; the client must contact the physician if heartburn occurs.
Rationale 4: Alendronate (Fosamax) must be taken on an empty stomach with a full glass of water to ensure absorption.
Rationale 5: Food will interfere with the absorption of alendronate (Fosamax); it should be taken on an empty stomach.

scienceeasy

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library