This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client receives zafirlukast (Accolate) as treatment for asthma. The nurse has completed ... (Read 25 times)

cherise1989

The client receives zafirlukast (Accolate) as treatment for asthma. The nurse has completed medication education and evaluates that learning has occurred when the client makes which statement?

1. This medication activates my fight-or-flight response.
  2. This medication is good when I have an acute attack of asthma.
  3. This medication dilates my airways so I can breathe better.
  4. This medication decreases the inflammation in my lungs.

Question 2

The client receives isoproterenol (Isuprel) via inhalation. The nurse determines that the client is experiencing a side effect of this medication when reviewing which laboratory test?

1. AST of 20 units/L
  2. Sodium of 160
  3. Glucose of 145
  4. Creatinine of 1.0 mg/dl

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

HandsomeMarc

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Zafirlukast (Accolate) does not stimulate the sympathetic nervous system.
Rationale 2: Zafirlukast (Accolate) is ineffective for acute asthma attacks.
Rationale 3: Zafirlukast (Accolate) is not a bronchodilator.
Rationale 4: Zafirlukast (Accolate) prevents airway edema and inflammation by blocking leukotriene receptors in the airways.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale: A side effect of isoproterenol (Isuprel) is hyperglycemia. A creatinine of 1.0 mg/dl is a normal creatinine level, and isoproterenol (Isuprel) is not nephrotoxic. A sodium of 160 is an elevated sodium level, but isoproterenol (Isuprel) does not cause hypernatremia. An AST of 20 units/L is a normal AST, and isoproterenol (Isuprel) is not hepatotoxic.

cherise1989

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library