This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient says to the nurse, My doctor says I have heart disease and I need to decrease ... (Read 14 times)

fasfsadfdsfa

The patient says to the nurse, My doctor says I have heart disease and I need to decrease cholesterol in my diet. How did this happen? What is the best response by the nurse?

1. The arteries around your heart are narrowed by low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol buildup in them.
  2. Low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is converted to saturated fat, which is stored in your coronary arteries.
  3. It is a good idea to decrease low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in your diet, although current research has not proven a correlation yet.
  4. Too much low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol narrows all the arteries in your body so your heart does not receive enough blood to be healthy.

Question 2

The patient tells the nurse, The doctor is going to start me on Botox for the muscle spasms in my neck. I've always wanted to try that. It will make me look younger.

What information should the nurse provide to this patient regarding onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox)?
  1. Once you start on the medication, it may take a week or so before you notice a change in your skin.
  2. Be certain you take the medication with a full glass of water because it can be hard on your kidneys.
  3. There are many different uses for that drug, depending on how it is administered.
  4. You may have to have additional treatments with the medication in a few months.
  5. You should be aware that side effects of the medication can occur hours or weeks after your treatment.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AmberC1996

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale: Storage of cholesterol in the lining of coronary blood vessels contributes to plaque buildup and atherosclerosis; this contributes significantly to coronary artery disease. Low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is not converted to saturated fat and stored in the coronary arteries. Coronary artery disease is caused by plaque build-up in the coronary arteries, not the peripheral arteries. For several years, research has demonstrated a correlation between high low density lipoprotein (LDL) levels and coronary artery disease.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3,4,5
Rationale 1: OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) in this patient's case will not change the skin.
Rationale 2: OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) is administered by injection into the muscle.
Rationale 3: OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) has many clinical indications. Action depends on the area where the medication is administered.
Rationale 4: The effects of onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) generally last from 3 to 6 months.
Rationale 5: Side effects of onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) may not occur immediately upon administration, and the patient should watch for their development for several hours to weeks later.

fasfsadfdsfa

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Missbam101

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library