This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What does the nurse recognize as the most dangerous adverse effect of inhalation anesthesia? 1. ... (Read 34 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

What does the nurse recognize as the most dangerous adverse effect of inhalation anesthesia?

1. Hypertension
  2. Ventricular tachycardia
  3. Malignant hyperthermia
  4. Increased intracranial pressure

Question 2

The nurse teaches the patient about the correct use of a topical anesthetic for a skin condition. The nurse determines that learning has occurred when the patient makes which statement(s)?

1. This lotion should only be used on small areas of skin.
  2. I must wear gloves when I apply the lotion.
  3. This lotion works well on cuts too.
  4. I must wash my hands before touching my eyes.
  5. It's all right to use a lotion after the expiration date.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bbburns21

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale: Malignant hyperthermia is rare, but it is fatal if not treated immediately. Ventricular tachycardia is serious, but can be treated. Increased intracranial pressure is not a common adverse effect, but can be treated. Hypotension is more likely to occur than hypertension.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,4
Rationale: Topical anesthetics must be kept away from the eyes unless they are ophthalmic preparations, and injury could result if topical anesthetics are applied to large areas of skin. Topical anesthetics should be applied to intact skin only, not on cuts. Drugs, including lotions, should not be used past the expiration date. The nurse, not the patient, must wear gloves when applying topical anesthetics.

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

atrochim

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library