This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What does the nurse recognize as the most dangerous adverse effect of inhalation anesthesia? 1. ... (Read 36 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

What does the nurse recognize as the most dangerous adverse effect of inhalation anesthesia?

1. Hypertension
  2. Ventricular tachycardia
  3. Malignant hyperthermia
  4. Increased intracranial pressure

Question 2

The nurse teaches the patient about the correct use of a topical anesthetic for a skin condition. The nurse determines that learning has occurred when the patient makes which statement(s)?

1. This lotion should only be used on small areas of skin.
  2. I must wear gloves when I apply the lotion.
  3. This lotion works well on cuts too.
  4. I must wash my hands before touching my eyes.
  5. It's all right to use a lotion after the expiration date.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bbburns21

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale: Malignant hyperthermia is rare, but it is fatal if not treated immediately. Ventricular tachycardia is serious, but can be treated. Increased intracranial pressure is not a common adverse effect, but can be treated. Hypotension is more likely to occur than hypertension.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,4
Rationale: Topical anesthetics must be kept away from the eyes unless they are ophthalmic preparations, and injury could result if topical anesthetics are applied to large areas of skin. Topical anesthetics should be applied to intact skin only, not on cuts. Drugs, including lotions, should not be used past the expiration date. The nurse, not the patient, must wear gloves when applying topical anesthetics.

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

adammoses97

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library