This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse follows the nursing process when conducting medication education about insulin. The step ... (Read 21 times)

melly21297

The nurse follows the nursing process when conducting medication education about insulin. The step of evaluation is best demonstrated by which question?

1. Is your abdomen the best place to inject insulin?
  2. What questions do you have about insulin?
  3. Can you recognize when you are experiencing hypoglycemia?
  4. Can you tell me four points you remember about how to take your insulin?

Question 2

A patient with hypertension is taking a potent antihypertensive without results. The patient is concerned when the health care provider orders a new drug. The nurse explains,

1. The drug you took is very potent, and a higher dose is needed.
  2. The new drug has greater efficacy, so it will help reduce your blood pressure.
  3. The prescriber must have made an error in the orders.
  4. Efficacy in treating your hypertension is more important than potency.
  5. You are correct. I think the prescriber meant to order both drugs.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

katara

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale: The nurse is evaluating the effectiveness of medication education by asking the patient for feedback from the education provided. Asking the patient what questions she has about insulin is an assessment question. Asking the patient if her abdomen is the best place to inject insulin is an assessment question. Asking the patient if she can recognize when she is experiencing hypoglycemia is an assessment question.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2,4
Rationale 1: A higher dose of a potent drug may cause more serious adverse effects without greater efficacy.
Rationale 2: Efficacy is more important than potency in providing blood pressure control.
Rationale 3: This is not an appropriate response by the nurse.
Rationale 4: Efficacy is more important than potency in pharmacologic treatment.
Rationale 5: This is not an appropriate response, and the nurse cannot assume the order was supposed to be for two drugs.

melly21297

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library