This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is reviewing a client's medical record and determines that the client has naturally acquired ... (Read 33 times)

V@ndy87

A nurse is reviewing a client's medical record and determines that the client has naturally acquired active immunity. Which of the following would most likely apply? Select all that apply.

A) The client who is exposed to chickenpox for the first time and has no immunity to the disease
  B) Administration of the varicella vaccine to an individual who has no immunity to the disease
  C) An individual who is exposed to pertussis for the first time and has no immunity to the disease
  D) Administration of the influenza vaccine to an individual who has no immunity to the disease
  E) Administration of the rubella vaccine to an individual who has no immunity to the disease

Question 2

After teaching a client about her prescribed anti-infective therapy for her UTI, the nurse determines that the teaching was successful when the client states which of the following? Select all that apply.

A) I can stop the drug once my symptoms disappear.
  B) I can take the medication with food or meals.
  C) I can drink pineapple juice to keep things acidic.
  D) I'll call my primary health care provider if I don't feel better in about 3 days.
  E) I should avoid drinking any beverages that contain alcohol.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nicoleclaire22

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, C
Naturally acquired active immunity occurs when the person is exposed to and experiences a disease and the body manufactures antibodies to provide future immunity to the disease. This would be an individual who is exposed to chickenpox or pertussis for the first time and has no immunity to the disease. Artificially acquired active immunity occurs when an individual is given a killed or weakened antigen, which stimulates the formation of antibodies against the antigen. The antigen does not cause the disease, but the individual still manufactures specific antibodies against the disease. Administration of a vaccine to an individual who has no immunity would be an example of artificially acquired active immunity.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B, D, E
The client should complete the full course of therapy even with symptom relief to ensure that all bacteria have been eliminated from the urinary tract. The client should take the drug with food or meals. Cranberry juice, prune juice, and water are recommended. Alcohol and citrus juices such as orange or pineapple juice are to be avoided. The client should notify her primary health care provider if the symptoms do not subside within 3 to 4 days.

V@ndy87

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library