This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client comes to the clinic complaining of weakness and drowsiness. He states, I just get so tired ... (Read 54 times)

chads108

A client comes to the clinic complaining of weakness and drowsiness. He states, I just get so tired sometimes that I can't do what I want to do. The client is receiving digoxin as part of the treatment for heart failure.

Which nursing diagnosis would the nurse most likely identify?

A) Risk for Injury
  B) Activity Intolerance
  C) Decreased Cardiac Output
  D) Imbalanced Nutrition: Less Than Body Requirements

Question 2

A client receives his prescribed daily digoxin at 9 a.m. today. The nurse would expect to obtain a serum drug level at which time?

A) 12 noon today
  B) 4 p.m. today
  C) 9 p.m. tonight
  D) 12 midnight

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Zebsrer

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
Based on the client's statement and complaints, the nurse would most likely identify a nursing diagnosis of Activity Intolerance. Risk for Injury might be appropriate if the client complained of dizziness or if his complaints affected his ambulation. There is no evidence to support a nursing diagnosis of Decreased Cardiac Output or Imbalanced Nutrition.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
Blood for plasma level measurements should be drawn immediately before the next dose or 6 to 8 hours after the last dose regardless of route. For this client, that would be between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. today or immediately before his dose tomorrow.

chads108

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library