This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client received the hepatitis B vaccine asper job policy. The nurse teaches the client that the ... (Read 56 times)

Arii_bell

A client received the hepatitis B vaccine asper job policy. The nurse teaches the client that the vaccine provides prophylaxis against exposure to the hepatitis B virus. How is the virus transmitted?

1. Water
  2. Food
  3. Germs
  4. Blood

Question 2

A nurse is teaching her client about cyclosporine therapy following a recent liver transplant. What statement by the client indicates further teaching is needed?

1. I might experience a decrease in urinary flow.
  2. I can take ibuprofen (Advil) for a headache, but I have to be very careful.
  3. I can take this drug with any fluid as long as it is at the same time every day.
  4. I will need to come into the clinic for periodic blood counts.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meryzewe

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1:Water is incorrect because hepatitis A is transmitted through food and water contaminated by feces.
Rationale 2:Food is incorrect because hepatitis A is transmitted through food and water contaminated by feces.
Rationale 3:Germs is incorrect because germs is a general term encompassing bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa.
Rationale 4: Hepatitis B (HBV) is found in blood and certain body fluids. It is spread when blood or body fluid from an infected person enters the body of a person who is not immune. HBV is spread through having unprotected sex with an infected person, sharing needles or works when shooting drugs, needle sticks or sharps exposures on the job, or from an infected mother to her baby during birth. Exposure to infected blood in any situation can be a risk for transmission.

Global Rationale: Hepatitis B (HBV) is found in blood and certain body fluids. It is spread when blood or body fluid from an infected person enters the body of a person who is not immune. HBV is spread through having unprotected sex with an infected person, sharing needles or works when shooting drugs, needle sticks or sharps exposures on the job, or from an infected mother to her baby during birth. Exposure to infected blood in any situation can be a risk for transmission. Hepatitis A is transmitted through food and water contaminated by feces. Germs is incorrect because germs is a general term encompassing bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1:I might experience a decrease in urinary flow is incorrect because the primary adverse effect of cyclosporine occurs in the kidney, with up to 75 of clients experiencing reduction in urine flow.
Rationale 2:I can take ibuprofen (Advil) for a headache, but I have to be very careful is incorrect because while cyclosporine can damage the kidneys, other nephrotoxic drugs such as amphotericin B, NSAIDs, or aminoglycosides should be administered with great caution.
Rationale 3:The client should avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
Rationale 4:I will need to come into the clinic for periodic blood counts is incorrect because frequent laboratory tests of kidney function are necessary.

Global Rationale: The client should be instructed to avoid and eliminate grapefruit and grapefruit juice from the diet while on the drug. The client will experience a decrease in urine flow and should have laboratory values checked. Caution with cyclosporine and other drugs nephrotoxic to the kidney such as amphotericin B, NSAIDs, or aminoglycosides.

Arii_bell

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

ashely1112

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library