This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with constipation has been prescribed a bulk-forming laxative. Which information will the ... (Read 33 times)

bobbie

A patient with constipation has been prescribed a bulk-forming laxative. Which information will the nurse provide about taking this medication?

1. You may take this powder dry if you take it in small amounts.
  2. Drink a full glass of water after you take this medication.
  3. Let the medication mixture set for a few minutes after mixing before drinking.
  4. Lie down for 30 minutes after you take this medication.

Question 2

The nurse teaches a female client the importance of not smoking while taking oral contraceptives. Which statement by the client indicates understanding?

1. I can only smoke half a pack per day.
  2. Smoking increases the risk of cardiovascular problems.
  3. There is no problem with smoking.
  4. I should stop smoking if I get pregnant.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Ptupou85

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Do not take this powder dry. It is a choking hazard.
Rationale 2: The patient should drink a full glass of water after taking this medication.
Rationale 3: The medication should be taken as soon as it is mixed.
Rationale 4: There is no reason for the patient to lie down after taking this medication.

Global Rationale:
The patient should drink a full glass of water after taking this medication. Do not take this powder dry. It is a choking hazard. The medication should be taken as soon as it is mixed. There is no reason for the patient to lie down after taking this medication

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1:I can only smoke half a pack per day is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives.
Rationale 2:Smoking increases the risk of cardiovascular problems is true.
Rationale 3:There is no problem with smoking is incorrect because the client should not smoke if taking oral contraceptives.
Rationale 4:I should stop smoking if I get pregnant is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives, and should not get pregnant if taking the medication correctly.

Global Rationale: Smoking increases the risk of cardiovascular problems is true. I can only smoke half a pack per day is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives. There is no problem with smoking is incorrect because the client should not smoke if taking oral contraceptives. I should stop smoking if I get pregnant is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives, and should not get pregnant if taking the medication correctly.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

AngeliqueG

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library