This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with constipation has been prescribed a bulk-forming laxative. Which information will the ... (Read 34 times)

bobbie

A patient with constipation has been prescribed a bulk-forming laxative. Which information will the nurse provide about taking this medication?

1. You may take this powder dry if you take it in small amounts.
  2. Drink a full glass of water after you take this medication.
  3. Let the medication mixture set for a few minutes after mixing before drinking.
  4. Lie down for 30 minutes after you take this medication.

Question 2

The nurse teaches a female client the importance of not smoking while taking oral contraceptives. Which statement by the client indicates understanding?

1. I can only smoke half a pack per day.
  2. Smoking increases the risk of cardiovascular problems.
  3. There is no problem with smoking.
  4. I should stop smoking if I get pregnant.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Ptupou85

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Do not take this powder dry. It is a choking hazard.
Rationale 2: The patient should drink a full glass of water after taking this medication.
Rationale 3: The medication should be taken as soon as it is mixed.
Rationale 4: There is no reason for the patient to lie down after taking this medication.

Global Rationale:
The patient should drink a full glass of water after taking this medication. Do not take this powder dry. It is a choking hazard. The medication should be taken as soon as it is mixed. There is no reason for the patient to lie down after taking this medication

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1:I can only smoke half a pack per day is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives.
Rationale 2:Smoking increases the risk of cardiovascular problems is true.
Rationale 3:There is no problem with smoking is incorrect because the client should not smoke if taking oral contraceptives.
Rationale 4:I should stop smoking if I get pregnant is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives, and should not get pregnant if taking the medication correctly.

Global Rationale: Smoking increases the risk of cardiovascular problems is true. I can only smoke half a pack per day is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives. There is no problem with smoking is incorrect because the client should not smoke if taking oral contraceptives. I should stop smoking if I get pregnant is incorrect because the client should not smoke when taking oral contraceptives, and should not get pregnant if taking the medication correctly.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

carojassy25

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library