This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is providing discharge instruction for a patient who had onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) injected ... (Read 56 times)

NClaborn

A nurse is providing discharge instruction for a patient who had onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) injected to smooth the wrinkles across his forehead. The nurse would advise this patient to monitor for which changes? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Chest pain
  2. Urinary retention
  3. Heart palpitations
  4. Difficulty swallowing
  5. Eye spasm

Question 2

The client receives cyclosporine (Neoral). The nurse completes medication education and evaluates that learning has occurred when the client makes which statement?

1. I must check my blood pressure; it can run low with this medication.
  2. I cannot have grapefruit while I am on this medication.
  3. Mealtimes will have no effect on when I take this medication.
  4. I might have an increased urine output with this medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ong527

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Angina is an adverse effect of this medication.
Rationale 2: Loss of bladder control is the adverse effect associated with onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox).
Rationale 3: Dysrhythmias may occur.
Rationale 4: Difficulty swallowing may occur.
Rationale 5: OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) is used to treat eye spasm.

Global Rationale: Angina is an adverse effect of this medication. Dysrhythmias may occur, as may difficulty swallowing. Loss of bladder control is the adverse effect associated with onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox). OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) is used to treat eye spasm.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Cyclosporine (Neoral) can cause hypertension, not hypotension.
Rationale 2: Grapefruit increases blood levels of cyclosporine (Neoral) and should not be consumed by the client while taking cyclosporine (Neoral).
Rationale 3: Food decreases the absorption of cyclosporine (Neoral).
Rationale 4: Cyclosporine (Neoral) can decrease, not increase, urine output.
Global Rationale: Grapefruit increases blood levels of cyclosporine (Neoral), and should not be consumed by the client while taking cyclosporine (Neoral). Cyclosporine (Neoral) can cause hypertension, not hypotension. Food decreases the absorption of cyclosporine (Neoral). Cyclosporine (Neoral) can decrease, not increase, urine output.

NClaborn

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library