This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has provided medication education for a patient just diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. The ... (Read 28 times)

madam-professor

A nurse has provided medication education for a patient just diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. The nurse would evaluate that this instruction is successful when the patient makes which statements? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. I guess I will have to give up eating my wife's banana pudding.
  2. I should add some wheat germ to my breakfast cereal.
  3. I should add olive oil to the salads I eat at noon each day.
  4. I have to become a vegetarian.
  5. I will take my medication on an empty stomach.

Question 2

Which finding is a common adverse effect of anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen?

1. Diarrhea
  2. Palpitations
  3. Heartburn
  4. Hypotension

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

31809pancho

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Bananas are high in vitamin B6 and should be avoided when taking these medications.
Rationale 2: Wheat germ and fortified cereals should be avoided when taking these medications.
Rationale 3: Olive oil is not prohibited, but green vegetables should be limited.
Rationale 4: The patient does not need to follow a vegetarian diet but should reduce meat intake.
Rationale 5: These medications should be taken on an empty stomach.

Global Rationale: Bananas are high in vitamin B6 and should be avoided when taking these medications. These medications should be taken on an empty stomach. Wheat germ and fortified cereals should be avoided when taking these medications. Olive oil is not prohibited, but green vegetables should be limited. The patient does not need to follow a vegetarian diet but should reduce meat intake.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Diarrhea is not a common adverse effect.
Rationale 2: Palpitations are not an adverse effect.
Rationale 3: Heartburn and other GI upset are common adverse effects of these drugs.
Rationale 4: Hypotension is not an adverse effect.
Global Rationale: Heartburn and other GI upset are common adverse effects of these drugs. Diarrhea, palpitations, and hypotension are not common adverse effects.

madam-professor

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library