This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient receives levodopa-carbidopa (Sinemet). The nurse has completed medication education and ... (Read 40 times)

hubes95

The patient receives levodopa-carbidopa (Sinemet). The nurse has completed medication education and determines that learning has occurred when the patient makes which statement?

1. I need to increase my daily intake of protein.
  2. I must increase the fiber in my diet.
  3. I need to check my pulse before taking the medication.
  4. I must avoid carbohydrates in my diet.

Question 2

A client is scheduled to have chemotherapy Thursday at 9 a.m. Filgrastim (Neupogen) has also been ordered. The nurse should plan which dosing time for the Neupogen?

1. No later than 9 a.m. on Wednesday
  2. At the time of the chemotherapy infusion
  3. Immediately following the chemotherapy
  4. No earlier than 9 a.m. Friday
  5. Immediately before the chemotherapy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Meganchabluk

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: There isn't any need to increase the daily intake of protein, and a high protein diet may interfere with absorption.
Rationale 2: Fiber will help prevent constipation, which is a side effect of levodopa-carbidopa (Sinemet).
Rationale 3 There isn't any need to check the pulse prior to the medication.
Rationale 4: There isn't any need to avoid carbohydrates.
Global Rationale: Fiber will help prevent constipation, which is a side effect of levodopa-carbidopa (Sinemet). There isn't any need to check the pulse prior to the medication. There isn't any need to avoid carbohydrates. There isn't any need to increase the daily intake of protein.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Neupogen should be given at least 24 hours before chemotherapy.
Rationale 2: The effectiveness of the Neupogen will be diminished by the chemotherapy.
Rationale 3: The effectiveness of the Neupogen will be diminished by the chemotherapy.
Rationale 4: Neupogen should be given no earlier than 24 hours after chemotherapy.
Rationale 5: The effectiveness of the Neupogen will be diminished by the chemotherapy.
Global Rationale: Neupogen should be given at least 24 hours before chemotherapy. The effectiveness of the Neupogen will be diminished by the chemotherapy.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library