This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient says, I am convinced that the mind-body interventions I am using are improving my ... (Read 8 times)

scienceeasy

The patient says, I am convinced that the mind-body interventions I am using are improving my health. The nurse would ask additional questions about which complementary and alternative therapies that belong to this category? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Yoga
  2. Massage
  3. Dance
  4. Herbal therapies
  5. Biofeedback

Question 2

Which type of lipoprotein is often referred to as the good type, and why?

1. Triglycerides are good because they are used for energy.
  2. HDL is good because it carries cholesterol away from tissues and to the liver for metabolism and excretion.
  3. LDL is good because it contains the most cholesterol that will be excreted in the feces.
  4. VLDL is good because it contains the lowest amount of cholesterol.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jjorrostieta

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Yoga is a type of mind-body intervention.
Rationale 2: Massage is a type of mind-body intervention.
Rationale 3: Dance is a type of mind-body intervention.
Rationale 4: Herbal therapies are a type of biologic-based therapy.
Rationale 5: Biofeedback is a type of mind-body intervention.
Global Rationale: Yoga, massage, dance, and biofeedback are types of mind-body interventions. Herbal therapies are a type of biologic-based therapy.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Triglycerides are not lipoproteins; they make up lipoproteins.
Rationale 2: HDL is considered good because it carries cholesterol away from tissues and to the liver for metabolism and excretion.
Rationale 3: LDL does contain the most cholesterol, but it does not carry it to the liver for excretion.
Rationale 4: Through several steps, VLDL is converted to LDL.
Global Rationale: HDL is considered good because it carries cholesterol away from tissues and to the liver for metabolism and excretion. High levels of HDL are useful for lowering the risk of heart disease. Triglycerides are not lipoproteins; they make up lipoproteins. LDL does contain the most cholesterol, but it does not carry it to the liver for excretion. Through several steps, VLDL is converted to LDL.

scienceeasy

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library