This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is beginning therapy for active tuberculosis. The patient asks, Why do I have to take so ... (Read 39 times)

A patient is beginning therapy for active tuberculosis. The patient asks, Why do I have to take so many drugs? What is the nurse's best response?

1. When a case is severe enough, multiple drugs are required.
  2. The more agents used, the shorter the duration of the therapy.
  3. Multiple agents prevent the emergence of resistant organisms.
  4. It is assumed that patients take about 50 of the prescribed drug.

Question 2

A type 2 diabetic patient who takes an oral hypoglycemic agent telephones at 8 AM to say, I don't feel very well since I started taking the sulfonamide for my urinary tract infection. The nurse should:

1. report this information to the provider on return to the office later in the day.
  2. tell the patient, This is normal when starting this drug. It will stop in a few days.
  3. tell the patient, Check your blood sugar to see if you are hypoglycemic.
  4. tell the patient to increase the oral hypoglycemic dose for 2 to 3 days.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kthug

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ricroger

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library