This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is beginning therapy for active tuberculosis. The patient asks, Why do I have to take so ... (Read 46 times)

A patient is beginning therapy for active tuberculosis. The patient asks, Why do I have to take so many drugs? What is the nurse's best response?

1. When a case is severe enough, multiple drugs are required.
  2. The more agents used, the shorter the duration of the therapy.
  3. Multiple agents prevent the emergence of resistant organisms.
  4. It is assumed that patients take about 50 of the prescribed drug.

Question 2

A type 2 diabetic patient who takes an oral hypoglycemic agent telephones at 8 AM to say, I don't feel very well since I started taking the sulfonamide for my urinary tract infection. The nurse should:

1. report this information to the provider on return to the office later in the day.
  2. tell the patient, This is normal when starting this drug. It will stop in a few days.
  3. tell the patient, Check your blood sugar to see if you are hypoglycemic.
  4. tell the patient to increase the oral hypoglycemic dose for 2 to 3 days.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kthug

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

connor417

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library