This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse administers etanercept (Enbrel) to a patient who has just begun therapy. A couple of hours ... (Read 16 times)

Pineapplelove6

The nurse administers etanercept (Enbrel) to a patient who has just begun therapy. A couple of hours later, the patient complains of conditions that are common reactions associated with etanercept.

Upon further investigation of the patient's complaints, what clinical manifestation would the nurse expect to find?
  a. Nausea and vomiting
  b. Pruritus and erythema
  c. Orange-tinged urine
  d. Diarrhea

Question 2

The nurse has provided education to a patient with rheumatoid arthritis on minocycline (Minocin). Which statement by the patient best demonstrates understanding of the drug's adverse effects?

a. It's not uncommon to experience a headache.
  b. It may make my urine tea colored.
  c. Constipation is a common side effect, and I will need extra fluids to prevent this.
  d. I will call my prescriber if I develop a skin rash or dizziness.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

peilian

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Etanercept is administered by subcutaneous injection. Injection site reactions (pruritus, erythema, swelling, and pain) occur in 37 of patients.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and orange-tinged urine are not effects associated with etanercept.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Adverse effects associated with minocycline are skin rash and dizziness and should be reported to the health care provider.
Headache is not associated with minocycline.
Minocycline does not affect the color of the urine.
Diarrhea, rather than constipation, is an adverse effect of tetracyclines such as minocycline.

Pineapplelove6

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library