This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Select the correct meaning of tolerance to a CNS drug. 1. There is a decreased response with ... (Read 23 times)

Garrulous

Select the correct meaning of tolerance to a CNS drug.

1. There is a decreased response with prolonged use.
  2. An abstinence syndrome will ensue if the drug is abruptly discontinued.
  3. The drug causes psychologic dependence.
  4. The patient has developed hypersensitivity to the agent.

Question 2

An outpatient has been self-monitoring blood pressure readings since beginning reserpine for hypertension 3 days ago. The patient reports, My blood pressure has not changed since I started taking the medication. The nurse should advise the patient:

1. Take an extra dose now and recheck the blood pressure tomorrow.
  2. Discontinue the medication and come to the office immediately.
  3. This is normal. The effects may not be evident for a full week.
  4. Another medication is needed with the treatment regimen.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sierrahalpin

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3

Garrulous

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library