This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The school nurse is discussing oral contraceptives with a group of adolescent females. Which factor ... (Read 27 times)

melina_rosy

The school nurse is discussing oral contraceptives with a group of adolescent females. Which factor associated with the use of these medications could prove to be the greatest deterrent to choosing this form of birth control?

1. Clients who use birth control pills need a yearly exam.
  2. Clients who use birth control pills might develop high blood pressure.
  3. Clients who use birth control pills might experience breast tenderness.
  4. Clients who use birth control pills might experience weight gain.

Question 2

A client will be having a second-trimester abortion using misoprostol (Cytotec) and methotrexate. Which statement by the client indicates an understanding of the side effects to be expected with these medications?

1. I might experience chest pain with these medications.
  2. I know that these medications will most likely cause bleeding when I urinate.
  3. These medications will cause tingling and weakness in my legs.
  4. I will probably run a fever for a few hours after I take these medications.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

triiciiaa

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: The need for a yearly exam would not deter them from using this medication.
Rationale 2: They would not be concerned about and adverse effect that might occur in the future.
Rationale 3: Breast tenderness, though uncomfortable, would not deter a teenager from using this medication.
Rationale 4: Most teenagers are very conscious of their body and the image they project; therefore, the possibility of gaining weight would deter them from using this medication.
Global Rationale: Most teenagers are very conscious of their body and the image they project; therefore, the possibility of gaining weight would deter them from using this medication. Breast tenderness, though uncomfortable, would not be as likely to deter a teenager from using this medication. Teenagers are not likely to be concerned about an adverse effect that might occur in the future. Need for a yearly exam would not be as great a deterrent as another concern.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: These medications do not cause chest pain.
Rationale 2: These medications are not known to cause urinary bleeding.
Rationale 3: These medications are not known to cause paresthesia or weakness in the extremities.
Rationale 4: Drug-induced fever occurs in the majority of clients and can last up to 6 hours.
Global Rationale: Drug-induced fever occurs in the majority of clients and can last up to 6 hours. These medications are not known to cause chest pain, urinary bleeding, or paresthesia and weakness in the extremities.

melina_rosy

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

connor417

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library