This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is discharging a client from the urgent care clinic who has been diagnosed with a urinary ... (Read 12 times)

jazziefee

The nurse is discharging a client from the urgent care clinic who has been diagnosed with a urinary tract infection.

The nurse knows the client has understood teaching when she states she will contact the health care provider if her fever persists for more than _____ days.
  Standard Text: Record your answer rounding to the nearest whole number.

Fill in the blank with the appropriate word.

Question 2

A client has received a prescription for a sulfonamide. Which statement by the client indicates a need for further instruction?

1. If I develop a fever or severe diarrhea, I will call my health care provider.
  2. I will call the health care provider if my symptoms have not improved in the next few days.
  3. I will limit my fluid intake to about three glasses per day.
  4. I will return for my scheduled appointment for lab work.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaykayy05

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale: The nurse should teach the client to report a fever that does not diminish below 37.8C (100F) or per the parameters set by the health care provider within 3 days.
Global Rationale: The provider should be notified if fever and signs and symptoms of infection remain or increase after 3 days, or if the entire course of antibacterial has been taken and signs of infection are still present.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: The client should contact the health care provider at the development of fever or severe diarrhea.
Rationale 2: The client should contact the health care provider if symptoms have not improved in a few days.
Rationale 3: The client should increase fluid intake to 23 liters per day rather than limit intake to approximately 24 ounces.
Rationale 4: The client should know when to return for lab work or a follow-up appointment.
Global Rationale: The client should contact the health provider if symptoms do not improve in a few days or if fever or severe diarrhea develop. The client should know when to return for lab work or a follow-up appointment.
The client should increase fluid intake to 23 liters per day rather than limit intake to approximately 24 ounces.

jazziefee

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bdobbins

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library