This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has instructed a client on the self-administration of oral iron tablets. Which client ... (Read 9 times)

arivle123

The nurse has instructed a client on the self-administration of oral iron tablets. Which client statement indicates the need for further clarification?

1. I should take this medication with meals, along with a big glass of milk.
  2. If I get constipated while I am taking this drug, I need to talk to my provider.
  3. I will have blood drawn after 3 or 4 weeks to see if this drug is improving my red blood cell count.
  4. The medicine will help my body build red blood cells.

Question 2

The nurse is planning care for a client who will be administering injections of cyanocobalamin once a month. Which goal is most appropriate?

1. The client will safely self-administer cyanocobalamin as ordered every 4 weeks.
  2. The client will be taught about the possible side effects of cyanocobalamin by the home health nurse.
  3. The client will understand the purpose of cyanocobalamin before the first dose.
  4. The client will be given cyanocobalamin monthly until the blood count improves.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joshraies

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: The client should take the drug on an empty stomach.
Rationale 2: The client does need to discuss constipation with a health care professional.
Rationale 3: The client will need to have a blood draw in 34 weeks. Typically, there is a good response if the client takes the drug consistently.
Rationale 4: Iron does assist the body to build red blood cells.
Global Rationale: The client should take the drug on an empty stomach. The client does need to discuss constipation with a health care professional. The client will need to have a blood draw in 34 weeks. Typically, there is a good response if the client takes the drug consistently. Iron does assist the body to build red blood cells.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: A client goal should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timed. The client will be self-administering the drug, and the time frame might gradually change to less frequent administration as the blood count improves.
Rationale 2: The goal should be client-directed, not nurse directed. This statement is a nursing intervention.
Rationale 3: Understanding is an internal event that cannot be measured unless the client can state understanding or convey it in some other way.
Rationale 4: The goal should be client-directed, not nurse directed. This statement is a nursing intervention.
Global Rationale: A client goal should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timed. The client will be self-administering the drug, and the time frame might gradually change to less frequent administration as the blood count improves. Understanding is an internal event that cannot be measured unless the client can state understanding or convey it in some other way. The other goals should be client-directed, not nurse directed. These statements are nursing interventions.

arivle123

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

laurnthompson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library