This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client and nurse have set this goal: The client will verbalize precautions required while taking ... (Read 44 times)

maegan_martin

A client and nurse have set this goal: The client will verbalize precautions required while taking medications to reverse neutropenia by date of discharge. Which client statements would the nurse evaluate as indicating this goal is not met?

Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. I should eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables while on this drug.
  2. I should expect my stools to be light in color.
  3. I will avoid going to the shopping mall until my therapy is complete.
  4. I will call my health care provider's office if my temperature goes over 100.5F.
  5. If I develop a cough, I will call my health care provider's office.

Question 2

A client is receiving the first dose of sargramostim (Leukine). Which assessment findings should the nurse evaluate as indicating a possible serious adverse effect of this drug?

Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. Increased blood pressure
  2. Tachycardia
  3. Difficulty breathing
  4. Yellowing of the mucous membranes
  5. Rash on the palms

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kaylee05

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3,4,5
Rationale 1: Neutropenic clients should avoid uncooked fruit and vegetables.
Rationale 2: Light-colored or clay-colored stools can be indicative of liver disorder and should be reported.
Rationale 3: Crowded indoor areas should be avoided.
Rationale 4: Temperature elevation should be reported.
Rationale 5: Cough should be reported.
Global Rationale: Crowded indoor areas should be avoided and temperature elevation and cough should be reported. These statements indicate the goal is not yet met. The other statements indicate the goal has been met.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2,3
Rationale 1: Trapping of granulocytes in the pulmonary circulation may occur, which would result in lowering of the blood pressure.
Rationale 2: Trapping of granulocytes in the pulmonary circulation may occur, which would result in tachycardia.
Rationale 3: Trapping of granulocytes in the pulmonary circulation may occur, which would result in difficulty breathing.
Rationale 4: Jaundice is not an adverse effect of Leukine and would not occur during an infusion.
Rationale 5: Rash on the palms is not an adverse effect of Leukine.
Global Rationale: Trapping of granulocytes in the pulmonary circulation may occur, which would result in tachycardia and difficulty breathing. This client would also experience a decrease in blood pressure not an increase in blood pressure. Jaundice is not an adverse effect of Leukine and would not occur during an infusion. Rash on the palms is not an adverse effect of Leukine.

maegan_martin

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library