This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse preparing a teaching plan for a group of high school athletes on anabolic steroid use and ... (Read 30 times)

meagbuch

A nurse preparing a teaching plan for a group of high school athletes on anabolic steroid use and abuse would include which key points in the presentation?

Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. While anabolic steroids do enhance performance, their use can also produce serious side effects such as liver disease and stroke.
  2. Anabolic steroids can cause infertility, impotence, and breast enlargement in men.
  3. Anabolic steroids can cause women to develop masculine traits such as increased body hair, deepening voice, and shrinking breasts.
  4. Anabolic steroids can cause personality changes such as aggression, violent behavior, depression, and insomnia.
  5. Anabolic steroids can be taken safely if the pyramiding method is used.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing care for a client diagnosed with substance abuse of a schedule I drug. Which drugs are schedule I drugs?

Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.
  Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. Heroin
  2. Marijuana
  3. LSD
  4. Cocaine
  5. Diazepam (Valium)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

chjcharjto14

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1,2,3,4
Rationale 1: Liver disease, elevated cholesterol, myocardial infarction, and stroke are serious side effects of anabolic steroid abuse.
Rationale 2: Infertility, impotence, and breast enlargement are symptoms found in men who abuse anabolic steroids.
Rationale 3: Women who abuse anabolic steroids can develop masculine traits such as increased body hair, deepening voice, and shrinking breasts.
Rationale 4: Abuse of steroids can cause personality changes such as aggression, violent behavior, depression, insomnia, anorexia, and decreased libido.
Rationale 5: Taking anabolic steroids in a progressively increasing dose and then slowly decreasing the dose (pyramiding) has not been determined to be safe.
Global Rationale: Liver disease, elevated cholesterol, myocardial infarction, and stroke are serious side effects of anabolic steroid abuse. Infertility, impotence, and breast enlargement are symptoms found in men who abuse anabolic steroids. Women who abuse anabolic steroids can develop masculine traits such as increased body hair, deepening voice, and shrinking breasts. Abuse of steroids can cause personality changes such as aggression, violent behavior, depression, insomnia, anorexia, and decreased libido. Taking anabolic steroids in a progressively increasing dose and then slowly decreasing the dose (pyramiding) has not been determined to be safe.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,2,3
Rationale 1: Heroin is a schedule I drug.
Rationale 2: Marijuana is a schedule I drug.
Rationale 3: LSD is a schedule I drug.
Rationale 4: Cocaine is a schedule II drug.
Rationale 5: Diazepam (Valium) is a benzodiazepine. Benzodiazepines are schedule IV drugs.
Global Rationale: Heroin, marijuana, and LSD are all schedule I drugs. Cocaine is a schedule II drug. Diazepam (Valium) is a benzodiazepine. Benzodiazepines are schedule IV drugs.

meagbuch

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

komodo7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library