This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Atomoxetine (Strattera) has been prescribed for a school-age client newly diagnosed with ADHD. Which ... (Read 57 times)

mspears3

Atomoxetine (Strattera) has been prescribed for a school-age client newly diagnosed with ADHD. Which comment by the mother would indicate that the nurse should provide more teaching about this medication?

1. I will keep this medication in a secure place, because it is popular as a recreationally abused drug.
  2. I will monitor my child's appetite and watch for excessive weight loss.
  3. I will monitor my child for a persistent cough that does not go away.
  4. I must look for signs of suicidal ideation.

Question 2

A friend of the nurse expresses concern that her husband might have narcolepsy. Which behavior would indicate to the nurse that he needs further workup by his health care provider?

1. The husband falls asleep as soon as he lies down at night.
  2. The husband sometimes nods off and has difficulty staying alert at home Bible study gatherings.
  3. The husband has difficulty staying awake about 12 hours after having lunch each day.
  4. The husband puts his car in park every time he comes to a stoplight, because he often falls asleep for several minutes while waiting for the light to turn green.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Animal_Goddess

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Strattera is a nonstimulant used for the treatment of ADHD and does not appear to have abuse potential. It is not classified as a controlled substance.
Rationale 2: Weight loss and anorexia have been reported with Strattera use.
Rationale 3: The client might experience cough due to rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, or sinusitis on Strattera.
Rationale 4: The most serious adverse effect of Strattera is suicidal ideation.
Global Rationale: Strattera is a nonstimulant used for the treatment of ADHD and does not appear to have abuse potential. It is not classified as a controlled substance. Weight loss and anorexia have been reported with Strattera use. The client might experience cough due to rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, or sinusitis on Strattera. The most serious adverse effect of Strattera is suicidal ideation.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: If the husband has a physically or emotionally draining job, it would not be unusual for him to fall asleep as soon as he lies down.
Rationale 2: Sleep apnea could contribute to symptoms of sleepiness during quiet activities. This is not one of the symptoms of narcolepsy.
Rationale 3: It is not unusual to get sleepy after eating a lunch heavy in fats and carbohydrates. This is not one of the four symptoms of narcolepsy.
Rationale 4: Sleep attacks are a symptom of narcolepsy. They are sudden bouts of sleep that can last 1030 minutes that occur during the daytime without warning.
Global Rationale: Sleep attacks are a symptom of narcolepsy. They are sudden bouts of sleep that can last 1030 minutes that occur during the daytime without warning. If the husband has a physically or emotionally draining job, it would not be unusual for him to fall asleep as soon as he lies down. Sleep apnea could contribute to symptoms of sleepiness during quiet activities. This is not one of the symptoms of narcolepsy. It is not unusual to get sleepy after eating a lunch heavy in fats and carbohydrates. This is not one of the four symptoms of narcolepsy.

mspears3

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

isabelt_18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library