This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing education to a group of dermatology nurses. The nurse asks the group, Which ... (Read 28 times)

V@ndy87

The nurse is providing education to a group of dermatology nurses. The nurse asks the group, Which antibiotic is frequently ordered to treat moderate to severe acne? Select the nurses' correct response.

a. Amoxicillin
  b. Minocycline (Minocin)
  c. Azithromycin (Zithromax)
  d. Tretinoin (Retin-A)

Question 2

The nurse is providing education to a 24-year-old patient with severe nodulocystic acne vulgaris.

The nurse anticipates treatment with isotretinoin (Accutane). The nurse is explaining the iPLEDGE program to the patient. Which statement by the patient demonstrates a need for further teaching?
  a. Pregnancy must be absolutely ruled out prior to starting the medication.
  b. I will receive oral and written warnings about the high risk of fetal harm if the medication is taken during pregnancy.
  c. I must use two effective forms of birth control.
  d. I will implement birth control measures at least 3 weeks prior to starting the medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djofnc

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Currently, doxycycline and minocycline are considered the antibiotics of choice for treatment of moderate to severe acne.
Amoxicillin and azithromycin are not indicated for treatment of moderate to severe acne.
Although tretinoin is used to treat acne, it is a retinoid, not an antibiotic.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The patient must begin using birth control measures at least 1 month prior to initiation of therapy and for 1 month after stopping therapy; this statement indicates that further teaching is needed.
These responses are consistent with the iPLEDGE program; further teaching is not needed.

V@ndy87

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

tuate

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library