This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing patient education about antifungal medications. Which of the following ... (Read 16 times)

SGallaher96

The nurse is providing patient education about antifungal medications. Which of the following statements by the patient best demonstrates understanding of the administration of this medication?

To enhance absorption, I should take the medication with
  a. beer.
  b. milk.
  c. soda.
  d. lemonade.

Question 2

A patient has been diagnosed with onychomycosis and is prescribed terbinafine (Lamisil). The nurse provides education about the medication. Which statement by the patient best demonstrates understanding of treatment with terbinafine?

a. I should take the medication daily with food for 1 month.
  b. I will be taking this medication for 3 to 6 months.
  c. I should take the medication on an empty stomach to increase absorption.
  d. I understand that the cure rate is 75 with this medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kescobar@64

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The patient should drink soda or eat food when taking an antifungal medication to enhance absorption of the drug.
Milk, lemonade, and beer are not suggested.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The patient will be taking terbinafine for 3 to 6 months.
The medication causes gastrointestinal upset and should be taken with food to minimize effects. The cure rate with terbinafine is 50.

SGallaher96

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

billybob123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library