This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by a patient who is prescribed heparin indicates to the nurse the need for ... (Read 16 times)

colton

Which statement by a patient who is prescribed heparin indicates to the nurse the need for additional teaching?

a. I'll be sure to have my follow-up aPTT drawn when the prescriber tells me to.
  b. I will not take over-the-counter drugs that contain aspirin.
  c. I will get plenty of exercise playing soccer.
  d. I'll tell my prescriber if I have headaches.

Question 2

A patient prescribed zileutin (Zyflo) has yellowing of the sclera. Which laboratory test result is most important for the nurse to check?

a. Kidney function tests
  b. Complete blood count
  c. Liver function tests
  d. Serum electrolytes

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Bigfoot1984

Answer to Question 1

C
While taking heparin, patients should avoid contact sports and other activities that may cause injury. Falls, blows to the body or head, headaches that won't go away, or other injuries should be reported to the prescriber right away.

Answer to Question 2

C
Zileutin is a leukotriene inhibitor with rare adverse effects that include liver impairment and allergic reactions.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library