This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is ordered to receive triamterene (Dyrenium) to decrease her blood pressure. The nurse is ... (Read 17 times)

jjjetplane

A client is ordered to receive triamterene (Dyrenium) to decrease her blood pressure. The nurse is evaluating the effectiveness of the medication in returning the blood chemistries to normal.

A positive response to the medication is indicated by a(n) _____ K level and a(n) _____ Na level.
  a. increased; decreased
  b. increased; increased
  c. decreased; decreased
  d. decreased; increased

Question 2

A nurse is teaching a client about lifestyle changes when taking a potassium-sparing diuretic. Which statement indicates a need for more teaching?

a. I need to have my blood drawn frequently.
  b. I need to call the clinic if I am urinating less than every 2 hours.
  c. I need to be careful when out in the sun.
  d. I need to eat foods like bananas frequently.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djofnc

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The medication is expected to produce an increase in the potassium level and a decrease in the sodium level.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Eating high-potassium foods with potassium-sparing diuretics can lead to hyperkalemia.

jjjetplane

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library