This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is ordered to receive triamterene (Dyrenium) to decrease her blood pressure. The nurse is ... (Read 18 times)

jjjetplane

A client is ordered to receive triamterene (Dyrenium) to decrease her blood pressure. The nurse is evaluating the effectiveness of the medication in returning the blood chemistries to normal.

A positive response to the medication is indicated by a(n) _____ K level and a(n) _____ Na level.
  a. increased; decreased
  b. increased; increased
  c. decreased; decreased
  d. decreased; increased

Question 2

A nurse is teaching a client about lifestyle changes when taking a potassium-sparing diuretic. Which statement indicates a need for more teaching?

a. I need to have my blood drawn frequently.
  b. I need to call the clinic if I am urinating less than every 2 hours.
  c. I need to be careful when out in the sun.
  d. I need to eat foods like bananas frequently.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djofnc

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The medication is expected to produce an increase in the potassium level and a decrease in the sodium level.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Eating high-potassium foods with potassium-sparing diuretics can lead to hyperkalemia.

jjjetplane

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

ktidd

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library