This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is to be discharged to home after a motor vehicle crash. He is ordered to receive 200 mg of ... (Read 20 times)

awywial

A client is to be discharged to home after a motor vehicle crash. He is ordered to receive 200 mg of phenobarbital (Luminal) bid for posttraumatic seizures. The drug label states a medication concentration of 20 mg/4 mL.

How many mL should be administered to equal the ordered dosage?
  a. 20 mL
  b. 400 mL
  c. 4 mL
  d. 40 mL

Question 2

The nurse administers a narcotic to a client who is still complaining of severe pain 15 minutes after administration of the drug. What is the most appropriate response from the nurse?

a. You should be feeling relief in just a few minutes.
  b. I'll call the doctor to see if I can give you some more.
  c. You're going to have to tough it out until your next dose.
  d. I'll call the pharmacist to see what he says about it.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Edwyer

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
40 mL is the ordered dosage if 200 mg are required and the concentration is 20 mg/mL.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
It typically takes 15 minutes for a narcotic to produce relief for the client.

awywial

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

Mochi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library