This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is to be discharged to home after a motor vehicle crash. He is ordered to receive 200 mg of ... (Read 21 times)

awywial

A client is to be discharged to home after a motor vehicle crash. He is ordered to receive 200 mg of phenobarbital (Luminal) bid for posttraumatic seizures. The drug label states a medication concentration of 20 mg/4 mL.

How many mL should be administered to equal the ordered dosage?
  a. 20 mL
  b. 400 mL
  c. 4 mL
  d. 40 mL

Question 2

The nurse administers a narcotic to a client who is still complaining of severe pain 15 minutes after administration of the drug. What is the most appropriate response from the nurse?

a. You should be feeling relief in just a few minutes.
  b. I'll call the doctor to see if I can give you some more.
  c. You're going to have to tough it out until your next dose.
  d. I'll call the pharmacist to see what he says about it.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Edwyer

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
40 mL is the ordered dosage if 200 mg are required and the concentration is 20 mg/mL.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
It typically takes 15 minutes for a narcotic to produce relief for the client.

awywial

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library