This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is assisting with data collection in a study of drug effects in healthy subjects. The ... (Read 36 times)

wrbasek0

The nurse is assisting with data collection in a study of drug effects in healthy subjects. The nurse assists with blood and urine collection to determine serum drug levels and the presence of metabolites in the urine.

Which phase of a drug study does this represent?
  a. Phase I
  b. Phase II
  c. Phase III
  d. Phase IV

Question 2

The nurse is assisting with a clinical drug trial to test the safe dose of an analgesic medication and learns that subjects have been told that the study is about measuring the analgesic effects. Which ethical principle has been violated?

a. Beneficence
  b. Justice
  c. Respect for persons
  d. Veracity

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

JYan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Phase I drug trials are performed to assess safety and to identify the pharmacokinetics, such as metabolism and elimination, of drugs in healthy subjects.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Veracity requires health care professionals to tell the truth.

wrbasek0

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library