This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with bipolar disorder takes lamotrigine. Which complaint by the patient would prompt the ... (Read 30 times)

faduma

A patient with bipolar disorder takes lamotrigine. Which complaint by the patient would prompt the nurse to hold the drug and refer the patient to the physician for further assessment?

a. I get a little dizzy sometimes.
  b. I had a headache last week that lasted for about an hour.
  c. I've broken out in a rash on my chest and back.
  d. Last night I woke up twice with a bad dream.

Question 2

A nurse monitors a patient with bipolar disorder who has taken carbamazepine for 2 years. Which laboratory value requires the most diligent surveillance?

a. Serum urea nitrogen
  b. Direct bilirubin
  c. Complete blood count
  d. Thyroid function studies

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaaaaaaa

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

c

faduma

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library