This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient unable to tolerate trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim) has been prescribed atovaquone ... (Read 185 times)

corkyiscool3328

A patient unable to tolerate trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim) has been prescribed atovaquone (Mepron) for active P. jiroveci pneumonia. The nurse provides patient education.

Which response by the patient about atovaquone suspension indicates a need for further teach-ing? a. I may experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
  b. I should take this medication on an empty stomach to promote absorption.
  c. I should eat a fatty meal with my medication.
  d. I should take the medication twice daily for 21 days.

Question 2

Azelastine differs from other second-generation H1 antagonists because it:

a. is administered nasally in a spray form.
  b. is limited to the blockade of histamine receptors.
  c. causes no sedation.
  d. is less expensive than first-generation H1 antagonists.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

anoriega3

Answer to Question 1

B
Taking atovaquone on an empty stomach may contribute to nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea; this statement indicates a need for further teaching.
The patient may experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea; no further teaching is required.
The patient should actually eat a fatty meal to enhance absorption; no further teaching is re-quired.
The medication is indicated twice daily for 21 days for active P. jiroveci pneumonia; no further teaching is required.

Answer to Question 2

a

corkyiscool3328

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

rleezy04

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library