This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse receives a call from a patient, who states, I'm taking clonidine but it's making me so ... (Read 51 times)

shofmannx20

A nurse receives a call from a patient, who states, I'm taking clonidine but it's making me so drowsy. Select the nurse's best response.

a. Have you missed any doses of the medication? Drowsiness is commonly caused by missing doses.
  b. Have you been using tobacco? Drowsiness can be a symptom of withdrawal from tobacco.
  c. How long have you been on the drug? Drowsiness is very common early in therapy.
  d. Have you experienced constipation also? These effects occur together in many patients.

Question 2

A child with slight irritability is diagnosed with a mild case of otitis media. The provider recommends acetaminophen. The parent comments to a nurse, I expected my child to be started on an antibiotic. Select the nurse's best response(s).

You may select more than one answer. a. Antibiotics are too expensive and toxic to be used in mild otitis media.
  b. The child is not sick enough to warrant an antibiotic.
  c. The provider does not believe antibiotics are ever indicated for otitis media.
  d. Mild otitis media usually resolves without antibiotics.
  e. Unnecessary antibiotics contribute to resistant organisms.