This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which preexisting condition would be a contraindication to treatment with reserpine? a. History ... (Read 9 times)

dbose

Which preexisting condition would be a contraindication to treatment with reserpine?

a. History of deep vein thrombosis
  b. Depression
  c. History of migraine headaches
  d. Anxiety

Question 2

A patient is being discharged from the hospital on enalapril (Vasotec), taken orally. A nurse is providing patient education about the medication. Which statement made by the patient demon-strates a need for further teaching?

a. It is normal to have an unusual taste in my mouth.
  b. My cough will subside within 3 days of being on this medication.
  c. I will monitor my blood pressure daily and as needed.
  d. I should limit my use of ibuprofen (Motrin).

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

braelync

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

B
A cough occurs in 5 to 10 of patients taking ACE inhibitors, and it does not subside until the medication is discontinued; this statement indicates a need for further teaching.
An unusual taste in the mouth may occur in patients taking enalapril; no further teaching is needed.
The patient should monitor the blood pressure; no further teaching is needed.
The patient should limit use of ibuprofen, because it may reduce the antihypertensive effects of ACE inhibitors; no further teaching is indicated.

dbose

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library