This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse responds when a patient asks why the smallpox vaccine is no longer given. Which statement by ... (Read 26 times)

ishan

A nurse responds when a patient asks why the smallpox vaccine is no longer given. Which statement by the patient indicates a need for further teaching?

a. The smallpox vaccine can cause serious side effects.
  b. The smallpox vaccine can confer protec-tion when given after exposure.
  c. The smallpox vaccine is too expensive to give routinely.
  d. The smallpox vaccine may cause live virus to spread to others.

Question 2

A nurse is providing patient education about colesevelam Welchol, a bile acid sequestrant. Which statement made by the patient demonstrates a need for further teaching?

a. Colesevelam will reduce my levels of low-density lipoprotein.
  b. Colesevelam will augment my statin drug therapy.
  c. I will not have to worry about having as many drug interactions as I did when I took cholestyramine.
  d. I will need to take supplements of fat-soluble vitamins.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

olivia_paige29

Answer to Question 1

C
The smallpox vaccine can cause serious side effects and the live virus in the vaccine may be transmitted to others. Because it can confer protection even after exposure to the illness, it may be given when needed. It is not true that it is withheld because it is too expensive.

Answer to Question 2

D
Colesevelam Welchol does not reduce absorption of fat-soluble vitamins as do other bile acid sequestrants, so supplements are not needed. Colesevelam reduces the LDL cholesterol level, which is one of its therapeutic uses. Colesevelam augments statin therapy. Colesevelam does not significantly interact with or reduce the absorption of statins, digoxin, warfarin, or most other drugs.

ishan

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

jamesnevil303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library