This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has been caring for a 49-year-old man who was hospitalized with recurrent ventricular ... (Read 10 times)

mmm

A nurse has been caring for a 49-year-old man who was hospitalized with recurrent ventricular fibrillation and received IV amiodarone.

The man is now scheduled to be discharged on oral amiodarone, and the nurse has just completed discharge instructions. Which of the following statements made by the patient indicates that further instruction is necessary?
  A) I will notify my physician if I develop a cough and have difficulty breathing.
  B) I am going on a cruise next week and plan to just lie in the sun all day and relax.
  C) I plan to see my ophthalmologist in 2 weeks.
  D) It is important for me to have my thyroid gland checked regularly.

Question 2

A middle-aged woman with a complex social and medical history has begun multidrug treatment for TB. Which of the nurse's following assessment questions is most therapeutic?

A) What can we do to help you stop smoking?
  B) Have you given any thought to the choices you made that resulted in your getting tuberculosis?
  C) What kinds of routines would work best for you to make sure that you don't miss any doses of your rifampin?
  D) What do your friends and family think about the fact that you're getting treated for TB?