This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has been caring for a 49-year-old man who was hospitalized with recurrent ventricular ... (Read 11 times)

mmm

A nurse has been caring for a 49-year-old man who was hospitalized with recurrent ventricular fibrillation and received IV amiodarone.

The man is now scheduled to be discharged on oral amiodarone, and the nurse has just completed discharge instructions. Which of the following statements made by the patient indicates that further instruction is necessary?
  A) I will notify my physician if I develop a cough and have difficulty breathing.
  B) I am going on a cruise next week and plan to just lie in the sun all day and relax.
  C) I plan to see my ophthalmologist in 2 weeks.
  D) It is important for me to have my thyroid gland checked regularly.

Question 2

A middle-aged woman with a complex social and medical history has begun multidrug treatment for TB. Which of the nurse's following assessment questions is most therapeutic?

A) What can we do to help you stop smoking?
  B) Have you given any thought to the choices you made that resulted in your getting tuberculosis?
  C) What kinds of routines would work best for you to make sure that you don't miss any doses of your rifampin?
  D) What do your friends and family think about the fact that you're getting treated for TB?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joneynes

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library