This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who suffers from allergies to grass and mold is getting ready to cut grass. Prior to ... (Read 60 times)

khang

A patient who suffers from allergies to grass and mold is getting ready to cut grass. Prior to cutting grass, he takes cetirizine (Zyrtec). When will the patient expect the medication to reach maximum effects?

A) 1 hour
  B) 23 hours
  C) 812 hours
  D) 1224 hours

Question 2

A patient is discharged from the hospital with a prescription of warfarin (Coumadin). Which of the following statements indicates successful patient teaching?

A) If I miss a dose, I will take two doses.
  B) I will avoid herbal remedies.
  C) I will eat spinach or broccoli daily.
  D) I will discontinue my other medications.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

steff9894

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B
Most commonly used herbs and supplements have a profound effect on drugs for anticoagulation. The patient should never double up on dosing related to a missed dose. The patient should avoid green leafy vegetables due to vitamin K. The patient should not discontinue his or her medications.

khang

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

ashely1112

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library