This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The coordinated effort of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems in maintaining balance, posture, ... (Read 165 times)

The coordinated effort of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems in maintaining balance, posture, and body alignment is known as _______________.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

When communicating with a client with a cognitive deficit, the nurse's best response is:

A. You managed all of your medications very well today.
  B. Your family should really take over the cooking. It's too hard for you to do.
  C. I don't see how you will be able to shop for yourself anymore. Someone will have to do it for you.
  D. This schedule will be too difficult for you to remember. I'd better write it all down.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jxjsniuniu

Answer to Question 1

body mechanics
Body mechanics is the coordinated effort of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems to maintain balance, posture, and body alignment during lifting, bending, moving, and performing activities of daily living. Body mechanics also facilitates body movement so that a person can carry out a physical activity without using excessive muscle energy.

Answer to Question 2

A
A, B, C, and D. Instruct caregiver to focus on client's abilities rather than disabilities.

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Gracias!

parker125

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library