This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client tells the nurse, I think that I must be really sick. All of these tests are being done. The ... (Read 25 times)

bobypop

A client tells the nurse, I think that I must be really sick. All of these tests are being done. The nurse uses the specific communication technique of reflection by saying:

A. I sense that you are worried.
  B. I think that we should talk about this more.
  C. You think that you must be very sick because of all the tests.
  D. I've noticed that this is an underlying issue whenever we talk.

Question 2

Disaster nursing differs from general nursing because when caring for patients during a disaster:

a. the focus is on caring for the sickest people first.
  b. using a color tag system reduces the amount of emotional stress on the nurse.
  c. the focus is no longer on airway, breathing, and circulation.
  d. the focus is on caring for those most likely to survive.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ilianabrrr

Answer to Question 1

C
C. This statement directs the client's feelings and ideas back to the client.
A. This statement is an example of sharing perceptions, not reflection.
B. This broad opening is not an example of reflection.
D. This statement is an example of theme identification rather than reflection.

Answer to Question 2

D
Disaster nursing differs from general nursing in that the focus shifts from caring for the sickest people first to saving the greatest number of lives. Triage sorts the victims in to groups with color coded tags which identify statusblack for the dead or mortally injured, red for those in need of immediate attention to survive, yellow for those seriously injured but more stable than individuals coded red, and green for those with minimal injuries, This allows the rescue teams to direct resources in a most effective manner to save the greatest number of lives.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library