This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When obtaining urine for analysis on a patient in the labor and birth unit, the nurse assesses the ... (Read 8 times)

armygirl

When obtaining urine for analysis on a patient in the labor and birth unit, the nurse assesses the urine to appear frothy. The nurse interprets this as a sign of possible

a. gestational diabetes.
  b. infection.
  c. preeclampsia (toxemia).
  d. dehydration.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a patient about the anticholinergic agent prescribed for urinary retention. Which statement by the patient indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I will chew gum to relieve dry mouth.
  b. I will limit my fluid intake.
  c. I will eat fresh fruits.
  d. I will not drive if I develop blurred vision.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahm14

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Foamy or frothy urine may indicate protein; proteinuria is associated with kidney disease, toxemia of pregnancy (also found in leukemia), lupus erythematosus, and cardiac disease. Foamy or frothy urine does not indicate gestational diabetes, infection, or dehydration.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Adequate fluid intake will help prevent constipation, which is a common adverse effect of urinary retention. Dry mouth can be relieved by chewing gum. Fresh fruits will help prevent constipation. Caution patients not to drive until they have adjusted to blurred vision.

armygirl

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Excellent

kilada

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library