This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant client asks the nurse to explain what a teratogen is. What is the best response by the ... (Read 23 times)

Mollykgkg

A pregnant client asks the nurse to explain what a teratogen is. What is the best response by the nurse to educate this client?

1. A teratogen is a substance that will harm a developing fetus or embryo.
  2. A teratogen is a controlled substance.
  3. A teratogen is a nonnarcotic pain reliever.
  4. A teratogen is a medication used to treat bacterial infections.

Question 2

Scheduled drugs are classified by their potential for abuse. Which classification has the lowest potential for abuse?

1. I
  2. V
  3. II
  4. III

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shoemake

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1

Rationale 1: A teratogen is a medication that will harm a developing fetus or embryo.
Rationale 2: A controlled substance is regulated by the FDA, and it is possible for a drug to be a teratogen and not a controlled substance.
Rationale 3: A nonnarcotic pain reliever might or might not be a teratogen.
Rationale 4: A medication used to treat bacterial infections is an antibiotic, and might not be a teratogen.

Global Rationale: A teratogen is a medication that will harm a developing fetus or embryo. A controlled substance is regulated by the FDA, and it is possible for a drug to be a teratogen and not a controlled substance. A non-narcotic pain reliever might or might not be a teratogen. A medication used to treat bacterial infections is an antibiotic, and might not be a teratogen.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2

Rationale 1: Schedule I has the highest abuse potential.
Rationale 2: Schedule V drugs have the lowest abuse potential, and some of these medications are available without a prescription.
Rationale 3: Schedule II drugs have a high abuse potential, Schedule I drugs have the highest, and Schedule V drugs have the lowest.
Rationale 4: Schedule III drugs have a moderate abuse potential. Schedule I has the highest abuse potential, and Schedule V has the lowest.

Global Rationale: Schedule V drugs have the lowest abuse potential, and some of these medications are available without a prescription. Schedule I has the highest abuse potential. Schedule II drugs have a high abuse potential. Schedule III drugs have a moderate abuse potential.

Mollykgkg

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Excellent

amynguyen1221

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library