This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching the client who is to receive dinoprostone to induce abortion, the nurse recognizes ... (Read 14 times)

ec501234

After teaching the client who is to receive dinoprostone to induce abortion, the nurse recognizes further teaching is needed when the client responds,

a. At least I know the fetus will be dead at delivery when this drug is used.
  b. I may feel nauseated while the drug is working.
  c. Someone will be with me at the time the fetus is delivered.
  d. The medication is administered into the vagina.

Question 2

A client is 12 weeks pregnant and has experienced an incomplete abortion. The nurse prepares the client for administration of:

a. ritodrine HCl. c. oxytocin.
  b. terbutaline sulfate. d. dinoprostone.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

quynhmickitran

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: The client should be aware that the fetus may be alive when delivered.
B Incorrect: This response indicates client understanding of the drug and the process.
C Incorrect: This response indicates client understanding of the drug and the process.
D Incorrect: This response indicates client understanding of the drug and the process.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

Feedback
A Incorrect: This is a uterine relaxant.
B Incorrect: This is a uterine relaxant.
C Incorrect: This is not the best answer, because it requires a high dose to be effective in this situation.
D Correct: This is a commonly used prostaglandin for incomplete abortions or pregnancy terminations between the 12th and 20th weeks.

ec501234

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

xiazhe

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library