This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse identifies Nutrition altered, more than body requirements related to obesity as the ... (Read 23 times)

Zulu123

The nurse identifies Nutrition altered, more than body requirements related to obesity as the nursing diagnosis for a client taking an anorexiant. A successful outcome of this diagnosis would be that the client:

a. loses two to four pounds per month until desired weight is obtained.
  b. joins an exercise group.
  c. verbalizes a 1500-calorie-per-day diet plan.
  d. weighs self daily.

Question 2

After client teaching about methylphenidate HCL, which statement by the client would indicate further teaching is necessary?

a. I should take this medication early in the day.
  b. I should ask my doctor about my anticoagulant medication.
  c. This medication may cause physical dependence.
  d. This medication is safe to take with my MAO inhibitor.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zoeyesther

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: This is a measurable outcome for this nursing diagnosis.
B Incorrect: This does not measure the outcome.
C Incorrect: This does not measure the outcome.
D Incorrect: This does not measure the outcome.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

Feedback
A Incorrect: This is a CNS stimulant, so this remark indicates client understanding.
B Incorrect: This drug can result in serious drug-drug interactions with anticoagulant therapy, so this response indicates client understanding.
C Incorrect: This indicates client understanding.
D Correct: This drug can result in serious drug-drug interactions with MAO inhibitor therapy. so this response indicates the client needs more teaching.

Zulu123

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
:D TYSM

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library